Practical information

Practical information for mobile students - About Poland


We don’t provide accommodation for our students, but we can help in finding rooms or place in dormitories situated not far from our College. There is a possibility of accommodation in various hotels, boarding houses or youth hostels. You can get specific information on a website in Polish and German or or contact directly International Relations coordinator, Anna Klimas.

Approximate living costs per month:

  • accommodation 600-320 pln
  • food +/- 400 pln (he have our own canteen placed in our building)
  • information about travel card


Please make sure that you have the following items with you before arrival to Wrocław:

  • Valid passport
  • Insurance
  • 3 photos (1 for student card, 1 for student index, 1 for monthly travel card)
  • Letter of acceptance from our College


If you plan to come to Wrocław by plane (Strachowice airport in Wrocław), train (you should get off at Wrocław Główny Station) or bus (Dworzec PKS – Central Coach Station), there will be a person waiting for you at the place to take you to your place. If you intend to come to Wrocław by car please visit the International Relations Office first. Please make sure also that you arrive between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. This is the time when new students normally register at the dormitory.

All information about Poland with guide for tourists you find here:


You can use buses and trams for traveling around Wrocław. The student card gives you a 37% discount on public transportation (it’s approximately 45 zloty for a card for a month but it’s cheaper to buy the card for 5 months). A single ticket is valid for one entrance to a bus or a tram and costs 1,50 zloty. More about transport in Wrocław:


A citizen of a non-EU/EEA country can enter the territory of Poland on the basis of a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). A citizen of a non-EU country has to obtain the visa from the consulate of Poland in his/her country of residence. The short-term visa entitles to stay in Poland up to 3 months, the long-term visa – up to 1 year. The visa can be prolonged only once. It is therefore necessary to apply for a visa in a consulate for the whole planned period of stay in Poland.

An EU citizen can enter Poland with his/her ID document (a valid travel document e.g. and sufficient resources to cover their expenses without needing social security support.

Documents that have to be submitted by the student to the Voivodeship Office in order to obtain the residence permit:

  • copy of the travel document (passport or other ID document)
  • health insurance document
  • official letter of acceptance from the Polish university (with information about the planned period of study)
  • declaration about sufficient resources to cover the subsistence costs in Poland
  • 2 photographs
  • Application form (RESIDENCE PERMIT)


Ambulance – 999
Fire brigade – 998
Police – 997
112 for mobile phone